Meet Our Amazing Team!
At Laramie Dental Arts, we’re proud to serve as the dental practice Laramie turns to in order to keep their smiles healthy. Whether you’re a longtime local, have a family, are a student, or are simply new to the Laramie area, we’ll provide the dental services you need for your healthiest, most beautiful smile yet.
Take a moment to learn about our team. We love life in Wyoming, we love its residents, and we hope to see you in person soon!
Our Complimentary Services
We offer luxury complimentary services to provide a peaceful experience for our patients. Dental visits can be a stressful time, and our aim is to reduce this with our state-of-the-art facility.
Patient Comfort Features
- New Patient Gifts
- Massaging Dental Chairs
- Internet Radio With Personalized Head Phones – Pandora/SiriusXM
- Paraffin Hand Wax Treatment
- Movie And TV Capabilities With Personalized Head Phones
- Complete Office H2O Filtration System
- Anesthetic Warmer
- Cozy Reception Area with Fireplace, Water Feature
- State-of-the-art Sterilization Center
- Environmentally Friendly Equipment
- Spacious Treatment Rooms
- Digital X-Ray Technology
- Private Consultation Room
- Surgical Style Suites
- Large Private Parking Lot
Meet Our Doctors
Our compassionate, gentle dentists are ready to help you! They’ve worked hard to bring you the best care possible, and love what they do. Learn more about each of our doctors below.
DR. TROY L. KNAUB
A Wyoming Native from Torrington, WY, Dr. Knaub offers comprehensive, family-oriented, gentle dentistry. His objective is to make patients feel welcome and informed and leave with a better understanding of their oral health and treatment options, which will help them make educated decisions. Dr. Knaub routinely participates in recognized continuing education courses in an effort to remain current on new treatment and upcoming advancements in technology. He has an incredibly compassionate, proficient, and personal team that continually strives to better themselves in an effort to always deliver the highest level of dental care. Dr. Knaub always welcomes new patients to his practice and attempts to accommodate emergencies as soon as possible.
Dr. Knaub enjoys spending time with his wife, Joell, and two boys, Logan and Jaxen. His other interests include: outdoor activities, classic cars, UW athletics, and spending time with family and friends.
- 2008: Univ of NE Med Center-College of Dentistry: D.D.S. Degree
- 1996: Univ of NE Med Center-Medical Technologist: B.S. Degree (Highest Distinction)
- 1995: Chadron State College: B.A. Degree
- 1993: Eastern Wyoming College: A.A. Degree
- American Dental Association
- Wyoming Dental Association
- American Academy of Facial Esthetics
- President of South Central Wyoming Dental Society-Past President
- Wyoming Dental Association South Central Director-Past Board Member
- Appointed by dental school course directors as teaching assistant: Undergraduate Removable Prosthodontics and Fixed Prosthodontics.
- American Academy of Dental Practice Administration and the American College of Prosthodontists Award.
DR. DAVE HOKANSON
A Wyoming native, Dr. Dave Hokanson grew up in Star Valley as the youngest of five children. He graduated from the University of Wyoming in 2010 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology. He received his Doctor of Dental Surgery Degree (DDS) from Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska. Dr. Hokanson and his wife, Gina, (also a graduate of the University of Wyoming) have five children, Hallie, Peyton, Jace, Taylee and Reese. Returning to Wyoming, and especially
He enjoys building one-to-one relationships with patients and helping make positive changes in their lives. He understands that the dentist is not everyone’s favorite visit, and as a
Dr. Hokanson is a member of the American Dental Association and the Wyoming Dental Association. He
- 2014: Creighton School of Dentistry: D.D.S. Degree
- 2010: Univ of WY: B.S. Degree
American Dental Association
Wyoming Dental Association
DR. AMBER WELPER
Dr. Amber Welper is a Wyoming native. She was born and raised on a family-owned ranch in southwest Wyoming. She studied Physiology at the University of Wyoming and received her Doctor of Dental Surgery Degree (DDS) from Creighton School of Dentistry in Omaha, Nebraska in 2015. Since then, she has been practicing in Lyman, Wyoming until her recent move to Laramie. Dr. Welper and her family have always loved Laramie and the University of Wyoming. She is excited to become a part of such a wonderful community and plans on cheering on the Pokes every chance she gets!
We are delighted to welcome Dr. Welper. She will begin accepting new patients January 2019!
- 2015: Creighton School of Dentistry: D.D.S. Degree
- One World Health Clinic
- Dental volunteer in rural villages in the Dominican Republic
Meet Our Staff
Our reception staff, hygienists, and assistants are invaluable! They do everything they can to make our patients feel welcome and at ease. Learn more about each of them below.
Patient Care Coordinator
Patient Care Coordinator
Patient Care Coordinator